Village Plumbing & Air is a Woman (and family) owned company founded in 1946. We are a growing company and credit this to our commitment to taking care of our employees – who take care of our customers. We provide UNRIVALED service! We follow a set of values which include: integrity, respect, responsibility, unity and motivation. These five simple words have great meaning in our culture and help us provide consistent, five-star service to each customer.
The General Manager will be responsible for the ethical growth of the organization. The GM will provide leadership by mentoring and guiding other managers. Essential functions include planning, directing, coordinating, measuring and monitoring. Responsibilities include formulating policies, managing operations, planning and use of human resources and materials. Other responsibilities include:
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the services, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to providing services.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with organization officials, or staff members.
- Perform personnel functions such as selection, training, or evaluation.
- Plan or direct activities such as sales promotions that require coordination with other department managers.
- Set prices or credit terms for goods or services based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Perform sales floor work, such as greeting or assisting customers, stocking shelves, or taking inventory.
- Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
- Implement or oversee environmental management or sustainability programs addressing issues such as recycling, conservation, or waste management.
Requirements: Ten or more years managerial experience and Bachelors Degree.
Village Plumbing and Air provides a generous benefit package including health insurance, 401(k) with match, paid holidays, life insurance, paid time off, optional vision and dental insurance, employee discounts and more!